Friday, August 30, 2013

just for fun

I am now 38 weeks pregnant and I really didn't think I would even make it this far because I have been having contractions for such a long time! Every night I think, "this is the night..." but it hasn't been yet. As I'm laying on my mom's couch tonight, anxiously waiting for things to progress, I can't help but wonder what my little baby is going to look like.

I picture her with a lot dark, long hair. I've always imagined my kids being born with thick hair because my hair is incredibly thick... and part of me wants to see if that old wives tale is true; if you have heartburn durning pregnancy then that means your baby will be born with lots of hair. I'm pretty sure I had heartburn with my previous pregnancies but definitely not as bad as I have with this one. It is so intense! Sometimes it feels like a sharp pain in the middle of my chest. Both of my little ones weren't born with much hair, so we'll see if this one will be any different. It's really hard for me to picture facial features. I'm sure she'll look something like Lincoln and Ella but I wonder if she'll have Lincoln's fair skin or Ella's tan complexion; Lincoln's super thick dark hair or Ella's golden brown curls... Sometimes imagine her with Chris' bright green eyes, but both of our kids have my eyes so we'll see if my dominate trait wins again. For some reason I keep thinking, "what if she is actually a he!" I don't know if I think that because I've been hearing quite a few stories about women who delivered their baby expecting it to be one thing and it being born the opposite. Or maybe I keep thinking that because Chris really wanted a brother for Lincoln and we were so set on a boy name that we're bummed we won't get to use... I don't know... All I really care about is that our baby is born healthy! I also imagine her to be pretty small (healthy small), maybe in he high 6 pound or low 7 pound birth weight. My little Ella was 6 lbs. 2 oz. for the longest time and I loved how tiny she was (and still is) and I was able to carry her around in my sling for such a long time.

At my last appointment, a little over a week ago, I was dilated one centimeter. My next doctors appointment is early next week so we'll see how things are looking then. I'm pretty sure I'll be delivering at Riverside Medical because of our current living situation (that's where I was born)! I am really disappointed though because I really wanted to have an at home water birth, especially since this is going to be our last baby. (that's what we said the last time I was pregnant haha). At least I know a little better now that this is my third time around, so I'll be making some changes and requests while we're at the hospital. 

So back to the name game... I keep getting asked if the name we chose is for sure. I don't even know how to answer that. Yes, we like the name Ivy and I'm pretty sure we'll be using that name but It's not "for sure" until we sign her birth certificate. Chris and I are still open to other names and we still bounce them around here and  there. Some of our current toss ups are Mila. Cali and Nora(h) but the name Ivy seems to always be the top contender. I just don't like having the pressure of deciding on a name now, I'll decide once I've gotten to spend some time with her. 

In the mean time, I'm working really hard to enjoy these last couple of weeks of pregnancy, even though my aching body needs a little break! Only 2-ish more weeks to go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...