Friday, August 23, 2013

home sweet home {Virginia Beach, VA - Dam Neck}

{home #4}
 
Virginia Beach, Virginia
(Dam Neck)
 
May - August 2013
AIOC


Here is a little about our time living in Virginia Beach combined with a little "life lately" update of the past 3 months we spent there. We were not there long, but we managed to come out with some great memories. 

 We only lived in Virginia Beach for a little over 3 months and I can't believe how quickly it felt like home to us. Knowing that you're only going to be living somewhere for a very short period of time makes it difficult to want to open up to new people when you know you'll be out of each others lives in such a short time.

I love knowing that our church is the same all over the world! That is one place of people I know I can rely on. My first Sunday there, I went to my usual classes and the kids loved going to nursery. I tried to keep to myself, because after all, our stay there was so temporary. Towards the end of church I went into the bathroom and just cried. I cried because even though i didn't want to make friends, friendships were already being made. everyone was extremely welcoming and nice to me even though they knew I wouldn't be staying long, they genuinely wanted to get to know me and be my friend. We were invited to dinner a few times, to the water park, and to the zoo. I made some life long friends here and so did Chris. One of his friends lent us his car the whole time he was in training so that we could go out as a family whenever we had the chance and when he left VA, my friend from church lent us her car.

We loved our home there. even though most of our things stayed in storage and the walls weren't fully decorated, it still felt like home. It was so nice sleeping next to Chris again and seeing him play with the kids. Home really is wherever your family is. 

So here is what we've been up to for the past 3 months...
•walks to the beach •park days •searching for insects •splashing around in the pool •barbecuing •petting sting rays at the Aquarium •lots of baths •having dance parties in our pj's •observing animals at the zoo •buying slurpees often •dining out •making weekly trips to the commissary •and just enjoying our time together as a family







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...